FAQ      Frequently Asked Questions

1.  My loved one lives either in Dorval, Lachine, LaSalle, Verdun or in the South West, but I don't. Can I benefit from your services?

Our services are available for all caregivers residing in Dorval, Lachine, LaSalle, Verdun or in the South West (Côte-St-Paul-Ville-Émard, Saint-Henri, Little Burgundy, Griffintown, Pointe-Saint-Charles). If you reside elsewhere, we invite you to contact us and it will be our pleasure to help you find the resources in your neighbourhood. 

2.  Do you offer individual meetings?​

We offer short term psychosocial support. This is not therapy, a psychological follow-up or patient care. In fact, it's an exploration of the difficulties that a caregiver can encounter in their role and, with them, we work on decreasing the negative impact of these difficulties in their daily lives. We do not offer family councelling.

3.  Is your team composed of certified social workers?

We do not hire certified social workers. 

4. Are you related to the CLSC or to the public health system?

We are an independant and autonomous non-profit organization. We are not part of the public health system. However, we maintain a strict partnership with the CIUSSS Centre-sud-de-l'Île-de-Montréal and the CIUSSS Ouest-de-l'Île de Montréal. We are also in constant collaboration with other public health entities and partner organizations.

5. Can you meet me at home?

No, meetings are held at our offices located in LaSalle (405 - 7475 boul. Newman, LaSalle). Exceptionally, we can organize a one-time meeting in a location near you.

6.  I need help at home or for my transport, can you help me?

Le Groupe des Aidants does not have volunteers or workers that offer this kind of service. However, we can refer you to the appropriate resources.

7. Do you offer respite services?

We do not offer any kind of respite service, at home or in our offices. However, we know many resources that offer this service.

8. Can you help me with a placement for my loved one?

We do not any power of influence in the placement process for both the public health system and the private sector. However, we can refer you to multiple relocation advisers.

9. I am a health professional; how can I refer a caregiver to the Groupe des Aidants?

You can find our referral form at the bottom of our website's front page. You can print out the form and fill it out (by hand or electronically) and send it to us either by fax or by e-mail. You can also contact us by phone to communicate with our counselors.

Stil haven't found the answer to your question? We can answer your questions by e-mail or over the phone.

GASO, 2020. Tout droits réservés.